Own the engineering development of the vehicle powertrain systems and work with internal teams, external vendors, and partners to bring these systems for our next generation vehicle platforms from concept through to production.
About the Work
- Lead mechanical development and implementation of the drivetrain, battery, HVAC, & thermal systems in Nuro’s self-driving delivery vehicles.
- Define requirements, specifications, and roadmap for drivetrain, battery, HVAC, & thermal systems.
- Effectively manage & collaborate with vendors and development partners around the world.
- Spearhead development of modeling tools for powertrain performance, vehicle range estimation, and HVAC performance.
- Explore state-of-the-art technologies; assess the opportunity for integration into Nuro’s robotic vehicles.
- Lead the development of a custom traction battery and the integration into Nuro’s vehicle platform.
- Develop strategies to monitor real-world data; develop analytics to predict performance, lifetime, and other metrics
- Must have prior design experience on a drivetrain, battery, HVAC, and/or complex thermal system that has gone through the production and validation process.
- 5+ years experience with physics based modeling using Simulink, Kuli, GT-Suite, or similar environments. 1D thermal modeling experience is preferred.
- Independently-driven; able to identify the appropriate scope of work and prioritize time effectively.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment; advancing projects from concept/development phase through launch and mass production.
- Experience with NX or similar CAD system required
- Willingness to travel, including internationally (post pandemic)
- B.S. in related field; advanced degree or senior level engineering experience desired