In this role, you will do everything needed to determine what happened, report your findings to the Client and sometimes testify to explain them. This position makes a huge impact on the safety of things people use every day. Sometimes that can involve code changes or even recalls of items.
What We're Looking For In Order for You To Succeed
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 8+ years’ of experience. PE through testing required.
- Must have strong technical writing skills.
- ACTAR certified preferred (or an ability to acquire certification). Required for ex-law enforcement.
- Must have their P.E. and qualify for reciprocity in additional states as needed.
- Seeking automotive background in repair and maintenance
- Physically able to climb ladders, walk on uneven and unleveled surfaces, enter and work in confined spaces, crawl under cars and trucks and other vehicles to inspect damage. Knowledge of automotive components and systems is preferred.
- Conducting field investigations and performing failure/accident analysis involving various types of vehicles and mechanical equipment involved in accident or incidents.
- Conduct vehicle accident reconstruction or failure analysis of mechanical equipment or components.
- Perform computer analysis and calculations. Provide timely and accurate technical findings in both verbal and written form.
- Assisting in promoting services and develops client relationships through the delivery of expertise-related presentations, attending industry-related events and supporting the marketing staff as needed.