This position is responsible for all aspects of Mechanical Engineering, including but not limited to; material design selection, heat transfer and thermodynamic equipment, rotating and mechanical drive equipment, material handling equipment, and coating and protection design. The position requires a wide breadth and depth of understanding of the requirements and scope of the project. Experienced at taking a system design from the conceptual stage through to a complete specified design that can be deployed to a variety of locations, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations.
• Develop technical specifications for Mechanical Equipment used in the company's chemical process systems.
• Establish a set of system specifications to allow for repeated use for multi facility deployment.
• Establish technical requirements for evaluations of vendor submittals and make technical recommendations to project team for equipment selections.
• Establish a complete set of product standards for controlled system design evolution.
• Perform initial and ongoing design reviews of each project.
• Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors.
• Identify work flow process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies.
• Collaborate with Project Manager to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required by project.
• Make recommendations on means and methods of reducing cost while maintaining or improving system quality and reliability.
• Ensure timely deliveries by working closely with Supply Chain departments.
• Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years’ directly applicable experience
• Experience managing direct and indirect staff
• Strong knowledge of Mechanical Equipment used in process systems.
• Education: M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• 7+ years of experience on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Projects
• Chemical processing, industrial and/or utility experience.
• Experience in design, build, and operations of chemical process facilities.
• Proven success of developing talent and mentoring individuals