Do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who will design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the intelligence community with actionable intelligence to protect our nation. Our team is a collection of highly technical problem solvers, invigorated by creating first-of-a-kind systems. You will help solve the most demanding technical challenges while enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making the nation a safer place.
Engineer to perform mechanical analysis tasks on complex systems including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment. Technical leadership over entire analysis process including material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final documentation and presentation. Candidate must have experience in aerospace system analysis with an emphasis on thermal analysis, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- 10+ years of relevant system analysis experience with Bachelor's Degree or 8+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree. Degrees must be in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics or closely related discipline.
- This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance with polygraph.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with thermal analysis of mechanical and electronic systems, in space, air or ground environments.
- Proficiency in analysis FEA tools such as Femap, NASTRAN, ANSYS.
- Proficiency in one or more thermal analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop, Flotherm, TSS, SINDA Fluint.