This position is a working team lead that can perform fundamental thermal calculations, able to make decisions on design concepts are able to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for sizing, staffing, and managing electro-mechanical projects with high concentration of thermal engineering.
- Drive the thermal-mechanical team toward internal and external customer project deliverables to meet the larger program schedule.
- Should be experienced in both thermal and mechanical designs at component and system level.
- Must be able to project lead a mechanical/thermal related project.
- Conceptualize, select and defend technical solutions to complex and highly integrated mechanical engineering and thermal problems.
- Define, direct, and execute the design verification testing of design solutions in the lab.
- Understanding customer requirements and finding solutions that fit within existing mechanical product architecture as well as conceptualize new product architectures for emerging markets.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
Experience working with E/M packaging layout and design. Including sheet metal, plastics, cabling, PC Packaging, and manufacturing processes knowledge.
- Must be able to perform calculations for high level power/thermal considerations including Newton’s laws of thermo-dynamics
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented, and “hands-on”
- Ability to work across engineering disciplines, cultures and geographies to produce results
- Excellent organizational, communication, and integration skills including the ability to foster and sustain communication between cross-functional groups located in North Reading and our extended global locations.
- E/M design/analysis skills required.- Strong analytical skills including finite element modeling and flow simulation
- Understand the use of PDM & CAD vaulting tools, thermal analysis software, preferably Solidworks
- Travel to customer sites, suppliers, or engineering sites located in the US and Asia. Expected travel to be 0% to 15%.
BS or MS in mechanical engineering, or related field from an engineering institution
Minimum of 10 years of practical mechanical and thermal development experience