We are looking for Mechanical Engineer / Structures or our client in Tucson, AZ
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer / Structures
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min year of exp 3years
- This position is for an experienced design engineer for the Light Structures (LaS) team of the Machine Design Center (MDC).
- This person will be responsible for problem solving, correcting shop issues, basic analysis ( hand calculation & Creo ), design, coordinating detailing, and implementing their design solutions into a production environment.
- To complete this will require a high level of collaboration with our process partners and suppliers to ensure that the functional requirements, quality, and manufacturability targets are met and that each design is cost affective.
- The type of component designs in scope includes Light fabricated steel structures, castings, forgings.
- The applicable engineering disciplines include machine design, strength of materials, structural fatigue, noise/vibration/harshness (NVH), pin joints, and bolted joint design.
- A typical day would involve computer / desk work, interacting with various teams and individuals, communicating and/or presenting information, spending time in the shop and/or proving grounds, and occasionally visiting suppliers and/or customers.
- Bachelor?s degree in an accredited Engineering or Materials Science
- Five years Pro/E or Creo experiencerequired.
- Five years of experience in structural design required.
- Mechanical or Civil Bachelors Engineering degreepreferred.
- Hands-on experience with machinery and/or engines preferred.
- Fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Written/verbal communication.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work well in collaborative environment and to communicate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self directed/motivated