US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Mechanical Engineer to perform analysis tasks on precision mechanisms and large deployable structures in a program team environment.
- Program support includes loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and integration test support.
- Bachelor?s or Master?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, or related disciplines
- 5 years of applied/relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or 3+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree.
- MSC Adams Software experience
- Experienceworking with metallic and graphit parts.
- Including the alignment and precision of parts
- Small sub-assemblies experience needed
- Must have experienceworking with CREO
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience managing integrated product teams a plus.
- Experience with space flight hardware analysis including precision mechanisms, composite structures, metallic, plastic, and composite components.
- Experience with loads derivation, Finite Element Analysis techniques, failure modes evaluation including margin of safety generation and documentation, qualification test program development, and/or bond joint analysis.
- Familiarity with FEMAP, NASTRAN, and MathCAD.