Provide complete and usable facility and infrastructure study and design services. Provides efficient, effective and timely Mechanical engineering expertise, to include but not limited to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and petroleum, oil and lubricant delivery systems supporting the development, design and program management of Kirtland AFB facility projects. Interfaces with customer-civil engineering/contracting management personnel as required resolving Kirtland AFB engineering services customer support issues. Accomplishes other administrative tasks as required to ensure effective contractor civil engineering services customer support to Kirtland AFB. Manage and oversee mechanical engineering projects for design, design-build. Manage and oversee mechanical projects from any source of funding and with any execution agent. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contract engineers, surveyors and construction professionals to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Conducting research on design specifications
- Engineer, design and develop plans for mechanical maintenance, alterations and improvements to facilities, utilities, and grounds.
- Preparing work schedules to meet deadlines on assigned projects
- Preparing monthly utility computation reports
- Inspection of construction projects and oversee the work of outside contractors
- Evaluate roads and buildings and submit data to help establish and annual budget for building and road repair
- Prepare estimates and statements of work (SOW's) for infrastructure maintenance and development projects
- Prepare quarterly reports to calculate energy savings.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and data gathering and identify key themes, trends, and opportunities from complex data sets.
- Capture, synthesize, and summarize key points from interviews, focus groups, and internal meetings, translating insights into draft deliverables and products.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to client issues and project approaches.
- Develop accurate and complete staff documentation to support project execution and completion.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and learn quickly; critical thinker, analyst, and active listener.
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, ensure any conflicts are brought to the attention of the management team, and multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal Computer operations and other general office equipment. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radio or cell phone to maintain contact and accountability of work activities. Must be able to use typical test gear related to his profession including laser alignment equipment.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); and have and maintain professional registration as an engineer under the requirements of the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors
Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management at a major US military installation (Air Force experience is preferred)
Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility and infrastructure design.
Proficient with AutoCAD 2014 or later versions.
Must be skilled with Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.