Based in Raymond, Maine, Dielectric LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and is a leading provider of innovative broadcast products. From remote stations to major markets, Dielectric delivers products for every need since 1942 and prides itself on being a solution-oriented engineering company. The Company is a trusted partner of broadcasters worldwide. We design, engineer, and manufacture antennas, combiners, switches, diplexers, transmission lines and waveguides for television, and FM radio. We collaborate with the consultant community, as well as with its customers' engineering staffs, to design advanced and reliable antenna systems.
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Mechanical Engineer who will manage multiple antenna and RF system projects from proposal stage through delivery and installation. Perform structural analysis using ANSYS FEA software and other engineering tools. Calculate wind areas and loading using a variety of industry standards. Interface with various departments on a daily basis, including design staff, electrical engineering, production, purchasing, quality, and customer service.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work with and manage design staff to complete drawings for purchasing, production, and customer use.
- Design parts and products to be manufactured in the most cost-effective manner
- Develop, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Interface with external stake holders, including customers, installation crews, and field technicians.
- Research, evaluate, and specify materials for most efficient usage
- Closely check drawings and BOMs to reduce or eliminate rework and omissions.
- Create three dimensional models using Solid Edge design software.
- Generate bills of materials, if required, using Oracle MRP software.
- Examine department processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and streamlining.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, supplier and customers
- Participate in research and development efforts as needed.
- BSME required; MSME or other relevant education a plus.
- 5+ years managing multiple projects with close attention to quality, schedule, and budget.
- 2+ years using Finite Element Analysis software; ANSYS experience a strong plus.
- 2+ years mechanical 3D CAD experience; Solid Edge expertise a strong plus.
- Knowledge of antenna and RF system design a PLUS
- Familiarity with a variety of industry design standards, notably TIA-222-F/G.
- Ability to manage as many as 20 complex projects simultaneously and maintain close attention to detail.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision within a team
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Highly developed organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain flexibility as priorities change.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices and fabrication techniques.
- Experience using MS Office software; Microsoft Excel expertise a strong plus.
- Familiarity with MRP systems; experience with Oracle MRP preferred
This position reports to the VP of Engineering
Tracking Code 9376