EOIR Technologies, Inc. (A Polaris Alpha Company) is seeking a customer-oriented, mid-level mechanical engineer with experience and technical capabilities to support the U.S. Army Night Vision and Electronics Sensors Directorate at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Candidate should possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with seven to ten years of related experience. The candidate will provide technical expertise for current and future work for onsite customers and must be willing do hands-on work in a lab and/or field environment. Duties include analyzing mast stress and payloads, balancing payload on trailer-mounted sensors, structural analysis, and assessment of tire dynamics. Must be able to prepare and present designs, diagrams, charts, and analysis of the multiple sensor payload requirements for mobile platforms. Must be able to document work and analysis, prepare written reports of findings, and provide engineering analysis as necessary. Essential job functions include the design, fabrication, and integration of sensors onto mobile and stationary platforms. Should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work both independently as well as with a diverse laboratory team. Must be able to clearly communicate results of analysis and assessments and recommend new approaches and technical solutions.
This position requires the selected candidates to hold an active Department of Defense secret level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Experience with all principles of mechanical engineering
• Ability to design, fabricate, and integrate sensors onto mobile platforms
• Ability to review engineering design documentation and assess actual performance vs. expected performance
• Ability to design mechanical drawings for sensor system applications using Creo, Pro/Engineer, and/or other CAD modeling and design applications
• Ability to perform field inspections
• Ability to generate documentation and reports for systems engineering
• Familiarity with Creo and Pro/Engineer preferred
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, independent judgment, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a broader engineering team
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering required
Minimum of one to 7-10 years of proven experience in mechanical engineering with application of desired skill sets.