- Create new design standards for customers that are repeatable in other projects.
- Provide accepted value added engineering and alternative solutions for the customer.
- Design projects within the customer's budget
- Prepare Energy Calculations and CFD Model Analysis
- Perform third party technical review of design documents for compliance.
- Participate in the development of design solutions on new business development proposals.
- Provide Contract Administrative Services (RFI's, Change Orders, etc.)
- Conduct field inspections and condition assessments of the buildings mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, Building Automation Systems, Fire Protection Systems and prepare reports.
- Prepare designs, mechanical sketches, construction documents and specifications in compliance with project program, building design and budget.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of construction documents and coordination with other disciplines.
- Coordinate with contractors, owner's consultants and vendors during both the design and construction phases of a project.
- Coordination of designs to provide a cohesive system to the customer.
- Working knowledge of latest building codes in the industry.
- Develop feasibility studies.
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Experience designing and reviewing HVAC, Plumbing and Piping systems Experience coordinating complete building systems
- Understanding sustainability & implementing LEED systems
- Experience with Office Buildings, R&D, Industrial and / or Mission Critical sectors
- Experience with AutoCAD, experience with Revit Preferred
- Experience in Design Build environments a plus