Details: A Mechanical Engineer job in Middletown, CT is now accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct benefited position with our key aerospace client. To be considered, you will have a B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering (M.S. degree is preferred), and 7+ years of related experience. In this role you will Design, develop, repair and perform basic to moderately complex analysis of fuzing products and/or components.
• Design, develop, repair and perform basic to moderately complex analysis of fuzing products and/or components. May involve preparation of drawings; cost estimates, basic design concepts that include repair and evaluation of material discrepancies relative to the final design concept. Develop detailed information for the definition and procurement of the required components. Prepare design layout, analysis and interpret engineering concept layout of developed devices. Examine product designs for application, material research and typical design considerations.
• Create, validate and verify mechanical designs from customer high-level system or internal product requirements. Perform a variety of mathematical analyses. Select concept designs and perform systems analyses using commercial analytical software, preferably Solidworks Simulation, Ansys, and/or Matlab. Generate engineering bills of materials that are complete, accurate, and on-time.
• When assigned as technical project lead, direct all phases of projects from inception through completion. Establish milestones and monitor compliance with plans and schedules. Identify project problems and develop solutions. Is responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned projects. May work with a program manager as required by size and scope of projects.
• Participate in formal reviews such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR). Prepare presentations for submission to customers and internal management. Publish technical reports. Develop and coordinate DFMEA and contribute to PFMEA, DFMA, and control plan efforts.
• Collaborate with project teams providing input to the overall design, participating in design reviews, and assisting in qualification tests, maintainability tests and product acceptance tests. Prepare presentations for submission to customers and internal management. Publish technical reports. Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
• Provide support to new business proposal efforts and to direct mechanic technical personnel. Support will consist of specific technical inputs in accordance with the design concepts/details proposed and testing of subassemblies. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with functional units, customer representatives, suppliers, and production teams to fulfill the requirements of the project. Interact effectively with all levels of the organization to satisfy departmental as well as organizational goals and commitments. Identify problem areas/issues; recommend and/or take corrective action, as required.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
• B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering (B.S.M.E.) (M.S. degree is preferred).
• 7 to 10 or more years of related experience.
• Experience with Solidworks, Simulation, or comparable software packages.
• Experience in designing electro-mechanical products
• Experience in designing mechanisms
• Experience in performing detailed tolerance analysis, GD&T
• Experience in part design and drawing and coordinating like efforts with detailers and drafters
• Experience writing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
• Experience with design of experiments
• Fluency in English verbal and written skills is required. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the mechanical engineering field.
• Able to multitask and work well in a team environment.