11 - 15 years experience •
Job Number : 84876
Division : Engineering
Client, is a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) design consulting firm that excels in providing high-quality engineering services to a wide variety of clients in the building construction industry. Based in beautiful San Antonio, Texas, Engineering is undergoing tremendous growth directly associated with the national attention directed at its home city. This small firm provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to grow professionally and to realize career goals. This position reports directly to the Company President.
• Manage assigned projects including coordination with a multi-discipline design team and oversight of production assigned to junior staff.
• Design of Mechanical and Plumbing systems in all sizes of commercial buildings.
• Design HVAC and interior piping systems for commercial applications.
• Perform hydraulic, pressure loss and pump head calculations.
• Perform all other necessary calculations to support system designs.
• Perform CA tasks, review submittals/shop drawings, respond to RFIs and attend CA meetings.
• Conduct site visits to evaluate field installations and conduct field observations.
• Provide overall direction for design team from inception to completion on a project-specific basis.
• P.E. Required.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
• Minimum 10 years experience in performing mechanical and plumbing design for commercial structures.
• Broad background in design, construction documents (plans, specs, cost estimates, calculations for a variety of building projects) and construction administration.
• Should be experienced at project management including managing work to produce projects on schedule and within budget.
• Some knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit; proficient in HVAC load analysis software (i.e. Trane Trace) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
• Must be able to traverse difficult terrain [approximately 25% of job] at construction sites with no assistance.
• Current valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
• Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward and reaching overhead.
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds; Infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
• Frequent need to traverse difficult terrain [approximately 25% of job] with no assistance.