- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- 5+ years significant project experience with an emphasis on projects in the Healthcare and Higher Education markets
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in several of our mechanical focus areas: central chilled water & boiler plants, large air handling systems, data centers and critical facilities, energy modeling and cost benefit analysis, steam and hydronic distribution systems, building energy management systems, ASHRAE standards and guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Mechanical Engineer, responsibilities include all aspects of mechanical design including equipment selection and specifications, system design, layout, calculations, field visits and oversight of junior design personnel.
- The candidate will design, engineer and/or manage projects which include HVAC systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement, and system upgrades.
- Load calculations, static pressure calculations, head loss calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation, and construction administration
- Participation in due diligence, energy studies, and feasibility reports
- Participate in meetings with design team and clients; therefore must possess strong communication skills.
- This position includes an opportunity for the candidate to grow into leadership and/or supervisory role based on merit.