Experienced Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking several Mechanical Engineers (at various levels) for a large, global client in the Kansas City, MO area. Relocation assistance is available.
We have multiple Mechanical Engineer positions currently available for experienced engineers. Roles encompass product, purchased product, process and mechanical testing.
Potential responsibilities depending on the position:
* Executes a variety of moderate to complex mechanical engineering assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment
* Drives or assists product engineering definition and/or operating procedures for one or more mechanical, electro-mechanical, or plastics elements, components, or mechanisms
* Develops test procedures and performs engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews and other engineering evaluation tasks and responsibilities
* Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
* Prepares evaluationreports, analyzes discrepancies and makes recommendations for product, test equipment procedures and manufacturing or operation processes that that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime
* Defies and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
* Interacts with and presents to design agencies, suppliers and/or internal stakeholders such as the Integrated Supply Chain or Program Management to assist in resolving design, development, production, acceptance and schedule issues
* Provides technical direction or assistance in appropriate assigned field(s); evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime and enhance operations surety; influences technical direction and decision-making
* Mentors and coaches earlier in career engineers and technicians
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial / Aerospace / Engineering Management or Manufacturing Engineering or BS Physics
2+ to 15+ or more years of applied experience in progressively challenging engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment