Stress Engineering Services Inc. is the premier provider of engineered solutions and professional engineering consulting services across all engineering disciplines serving clients since 1972. Approximately 80% of current Stress Engineering Services business is repeat or direct referral. We take on some of industries’ most difficult problems utilizing approximately 360 employees, including 215 engineers. We have some of the largest testing facilities in the industry.
- Application and review of API 579 Level 1, 2 and 3 assessments
- Stress Analysis, mechanical design of various components, including pressure vessels and mechanical parts
- Carrying out stress analysis using strain gauge data and computational methods
- Field visits to client facilities to examine client-identified problems and to support business development
- Preparation and review of technical reports and proposals
- Contributing to the growth of the company by further establishing credibility through participation in technical associations and preparation of papers/presentations
- Key focus on refining, chemical, oil sands, pipeline, plant equipment and other larger engineering consulting opportunities
The successful candidate must have the desire to build a successful engineering practice in a dynamic, work-orientated environment. They must possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be a self-starter. They will work primarily on an individual basis, but also need to function well on project teams. Mentoring and developing engineers with less experience should be a priority.
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university (the advanced degree requirement can be waived if the applicant has 10+ years of relevant plant experience)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a practicing engineer
- Experience at a major oil company or consulting firm working in refineries or chemical plants is desired
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) or possess the ability to become registered
- Knowledge and experience with API - 510, 570, 579, 580 and 653, NACE, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes; NDE methods a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel on occasion and work in a variety of environments
- Travel could be worldwide and the applicant must have or be able to obtain a passport without restrictions