Design Group is looking for a motivated, high energy, organized, collaborative mechanical engineer who has a great understanding of A/E facilities mechanical engineering design. This includes MEP, HVAC, plant / process utilities, plumbing, refrigeration, compressed gas systems, bulk gas, purified water and waste water systems design. This person will possess the skills to handle multiple complex tasks, execute projects, and a desire to deliver for clients. He/she will work closely with multidiscipline engineering and architecture staff and develop mechanical design documents. This may include process utility distribution plans, ductwork/piping plans, P&ID's, plant / utility consumption summaries, airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, temperature/humidity control calculations, and equipment specifications. The mechanical engineer will execute work on one or more projects simultaneously as directed project leaders. Project work may include conceptual and schematic design, feasibility studies, and construction documentation. Projects will consist of food processing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, advanced technology or other industrial process projects for existing building improvements and new construction.
- Mechanical Engineer on multi-discipline project teams.
- Design facility mechanical systems including water, chilled water, wastewater, HVAC, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications.
- Knowledge/experience in refrigeration system design is a plus.
- Completion of engineering calculations and oversight of mechanical design using AutoCAD MEP. Revit experience or oversight is a plus.
- Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing, hydronic piping system design and selection of mechanical equipment.
- Develop specifications, interface with on-site project teams.
- Inspect installations.
- P.E. License is required to seal engineering documents
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical facilities design engineering experience demonstrating an ability to complete mechanical system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Able to perform as a Mechanical Engineer and execute mechanical design on multi-discipline projects
- Experience in the mechanical design elements of manufacturing and distribution facilities for food, beverage, dairy or consumer products industries is desired.
- Highly desired is experience in the design of advanced technologies(semi-conductor) or Life sciences, facility/building mechanical systems including HVAC (inclusive of air handling units, chemical and laminar fume hoods, unit heaters/coolers, etc.), water, chilled water/glycol, wastewater, cold/warm rooms, clean rooms, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam/condensate systems, hot water and hydronic systems, compressed gases (air, O2, N2, CO2, etc.), waste/drain and other plumbing systems.
- Ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Revit experience is a plus.
- BS degree Mechanical Engineering from an ABET school required.
- P.E. License is required