Ostendo Technologies is seeking a highly motivated mechanical engineer that can work in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with qualifications and extensive experience in product development. This individual will be responsible for the design, proof-of-concept prototyping, and development of Ostendo’s innovative products.
- 5-10 years experience in mechanical product development with an emphasis in mounting all types of optical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to model opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical systems analytically and to generate engineering/manufacturing specifications.
- Direct experienceapplying classic mathematical motion calculations of rigid-body and multi-DOF dynamic mechanisms.
- Demonstrated experience in experimentation and analysis of multi-axis harmonically-excited mechanical systems.
- Understanding of sub-millimeter physics governing dynamic mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience using MATLAB® for numeric analysis.
- CAD experience in SolidWorks®.
- Opto-Mechanical system designexperienceincluding:
- Lens design from surface input
- Optical system tolerance
- Diamond turning / Injection molding of mechanical & Optical parts
- Overall understanding of optical systems
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Excellent understanding of material properties and their applications in dynamic systems.
- Experience with industrial prototype fabrication and volume production processes.
- Demonstrated experience in analytical and experimental characterization of design performance and uncertainty analysis.
- Direct experience working through multiple phases of product development and manufacturing.
Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degreepreferred.