The mechanical engineer position plans and designs product applications and assembles project teams. The position is responsible for organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects per customer specifications.
* AS Degree in technical-related field
*5-10 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering and/or Project Management
* Must understand piping code requirements
* Design experience should include piping and structural skids
* Able to interpret P&ID’s, drawings, and specifications
* Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
* Inventor/3D modeling experiencerequired
* Vault experiencepreferred
* Knowledge of manufacturing, assembly, machining, and welded fabrications.
*Experience with high-temperature applications a plus
* Must be customer/client focused
*Experience with ASME Pressure Vessels
*Experience with Cesar Piping & Structural Analysis
* Process Design
* Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery such as structural steel, piping layouts and instrument tubing.
* Estimate labor hours, and related costs such as sub-contracting and materials to provide information for management decisions.
* Transition products from product development to production.
* Oversee manufacture of products and process optimization.
* Interface with customers.
* Perform pipe stress analysis
* Finalize, store, and maintain drawings per company standards.
*Supportsales, project management, and manufacturing with drawing clarifications or revisions as needed.
* Generate GA drawings for customer approval
* Generate BOM’s for assemblies and enter into MRP system.
* Assist in developing engineering standards, tools, and design manuals
* Size and select components
* Check drawings for completeness and accuracy
*Support P&ID development as needed
*Partner with manufacturing personnel to resolve problems during fabrication phase