Senior perform basic engineeringdesign for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Engineer III demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Provides leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering discipline required
- Experienced in HVAC design (industrial, pharmaceutical, and laboratory experiencepreferred)
- Fluent in the application and use of REVIT
- Plumbing, fire protection & piping experience is a plus
- PE license is preferred
- 5 years experience performing basic engineering analysis and design functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
(CHI 1844) in