Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices
Location: US-CA-Lake Forest
• This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for cutting-edge ophthalmic surgical equipment.
• Conducts development and upscaling for new medical device products.
• Investigates and evaluates existing technology and design new methodology, materials, machines or processes as needed for medical device development.
• Creates 3D CAD models and drawings based on conceptual designs for mechanical components and assemblies of products and test fixtures.
• Collaborates with model shop to develop prototypes.
• Conducts mechanical tests in R&D Lab environment to evaluate performance and reliability of prototypes and products.
• Experience in working with control systems that employ brushless DC motor technology
• Experience with design and development of medical device/science/technology.
• Proven ability to develop solutions for complex problems that require the regular use of creativity.
• Proficiency with tolerance analysis, and GD&T
• Experience in Injection Molding of plastics and silicone rubber
• Experience in plastics joining methods (Ultrasonic welding, Laser welding, etc.)
Pro-E / CREO
• Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with 3+ years of directly related working experience OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Must possess fundamental, theoretical and applied knowledge related to general mechanical engineering.
• Ability to take responsibility for multiple concurrent design activities
• Solid Pro-E modeling experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.