PURPOSE: Completes engineering assignments consisting of Requirements Analysis, New Product Design, Presenting Technical Information, Conceptual Design Skills, Finite Element Analysis both structural and thermal, with a Quality Focus and Technical Zeal to create new Ultracapacitor products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and creates mechanical and electrochemical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing functionality.
- Develops mechanical products by studying customer and market requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures system and product quality through design methodologies; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports and design reviews by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as scheduled.
- Perform Product Design, and reliability analyses using 3D Solidworks CAD programs.
- Travel may be involved.
- Research and specifies components, fasteners and materials necessary to qualify the final product per specification.
- Coordinate and directs EVT & DVT fabrication, assembly and test activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specifications.
- Trouble shoots to identify failures and corrective actions to development defects.
- Completes product testing and qualification of all new designs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- A BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of batteries is a plus.
- Mechanical knowledge of systems, structures, and kinetics are essential to understanding the mechanical design and structural requirements.
- Mechanical design and the ability to analysis mechanical systems.
- Good communication skill capable of working with system suppliers, component manufacturer, and internal process engineers to design and qualify the design.
- This engineer must be able to write specifications for equipment and document equipment results either as qualification reports, or corrective actions to the factory and suppliers.
- The ability to write specifications
- The ability to review and identify quality suppliers.
- The ability to complete thermal and structural analysis for designs.
- The ability to document parts, products, and procedures.
- The ability to work with process engineering to understand the function of the factory and how the design preforms in that factory.