Mechanical Engineer Manager PE
If you offer management experience and mechanical engineering, you may be interested in a Mechanical Engineering Project Manager job position in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, for a MEP building solutions provider. You will manage building system projects, assist with business development through project acquisitions with new clients and maintain and enhance relationships with current clients. You will manage projects, the mechanical engineering staff, and costs and budgets.
What does the company offer?
- This is a growing company with multiple sites and a healthy employee culture
- Excellent package of employee benefits that includes health and dental insurances, short- and long-term disability insurances, AFLAC, 401K with matching, paid holidays and PTO
- Company pays 90% of medical premium expenses on their basic plan
What will you be doing?
- Manage a staff, manage projects, and apply Mechanical Engineering skills and principles
- Manage Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing building system projects for commercial facilities (medical clinics, hospitals, colleges, schools, banks, apartment buildings, restaurants, etc.); project include but not limited to HVAC, fire suppression system design, energy analysis and design
- Provide construction administration
- Manage Mechanical Engineers, Design Engineers and the Drafting team (approximately 7-8 staff)
- Work with clients to manage projects within budget and deadlines
What skills are needed?
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- 10+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer
- 5+ years of management, project and staff
- Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Proven experience in mechanical building systems
- Ability to lead and mentor project technical staff
- Contract administration working with proposals, contracts, and negotiating
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid project management with the ability to develop project plans and manage schedules and budgets