Leidos has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to support our government customer. The position requires proficiency in overarching engineering and planning including but not limited to:
- Developing analysis matrix to identify and communicate key engineering relationships and potential impacts to the assigned mission
- Identify the relevant engineering activities and interrelationships for a complex program to enable scheduling resources to create an integrated masterschedule
- Support strategy development for program engineering and evaluation tools to identify and communicate overall engineering capabilities for the mission to achieve success
Support the ACWA Chief Engineer in:
- Develop processes and process phasing that controls the interaction with performers and higher headquarters and provides baselines that coordinate efforts,
- Establish Engineering processes that provide a structure for solving mission problems and tracking requirements flow throughout the mission
- Defining and implementing Life-cycle engineering integration that involves customers in the mission and ensures that processes and implementing engineering controls developed are viable throughout the ACWA mission lifecycle.
- Requires a B.S. Degree and a minimum of 8 years work experience, or a Masters Degree and 6 years work experience. -
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in supporting engineering and fielding activities
- Ability to multi-task with multiple product development and maintenance activities activity going on at once
- Ability to obtain a Government issued Common Access Card and a NACi Clearance upon hire
- Experience with development and engineering of chemical demilitarization technologies. Experience supporting field engineering projects in a DoD program environment
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- Ability to act independently and directly with customer engineering team.
- Flexible in reactions to changing conditions, but able to maintain attention to key engineering detail.
- Job #: R-00011405