Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm with 12 office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, West Virginia and Arizona. We are committed to the progress and development of our company, employees, and community offering growth opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Mechanical Engineer functions as a technical leader and is required to have a Professional Engineer (PE) license and commensurate work experience. This position will coordinate overall design activities, project submission schedules, and will be responsible for additional quality assurance and quality control duties to help ensure the final products meet the technical requirements and goals of the client.
- Performs independent planning and design tasks, reviews work of others, prepares construction documents, and successfully delivers projects to completion.
- Has experience with technically complex projects.
- Possesses knowledge of codes and standards applicable to design of projects.
- Maintains collaborative inter-departmental and cross functional working relationships with members of the project team.
- Performs initial QA/QC review of project submissions.
- Assists senior management in development of schedules, technical proposals, and labor hour estimates.
- Works closely with project teams to effectively describe and deliver scope of work.
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors & omissions.
- Performs and checks design calculations, technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
- Develops and maintains design budgets for routine scopes of work.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in position relevant Engineering field from ABET accredited school, Landscape Architecture, or related field of study.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ job-related experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Professional Engineer (PE) required