Job Title: Configuration Engineer
Job ID: Engineer 22 - 8195752
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Lafayette, IN 47905
Contract Configuration Engineer Position
Summary: Provide NPI and Current Product support to the Oil & Gas Solutions Team in the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) space for the engines and packages we develop for the Oil and Gas Market segments in the following ways:
1. Calculating Owning & Operating (O&O) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
2. Conducting O&O and TCO Cost Roll-ups, competitive comparisons, data analysis, and providing recommendations
3. Durability & service maintenance data gathering, compilation and archiving from the field
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The NPI integration engineer works at the direction of the NPI team leader to set and implement the new product's engineering structure in a way that meets the program's customer requirements. This includes base engine, generator set package content, and attachments.
* Scope of work could include supporting NPI programs from any of the following areas: - Petro Gas Compression G3600, G3600 engines
* Create and maintain BOM including PA structure and Release Pricing Arrangements (PA's). Collaborate with L3 & L4 and marketing teams as appropriate to achieve proper product structure.
* Coordinate the completion of VDRAs on BOM, PA's, proto/pilot consists. Drive resolution of issues identified in VDRA's including interferences, missing parts, and compatibility issues.
* Manage prove design parts ordering and shipping to support proto builds and lab or field testing.
* Provide factory support for following prototype engines/packages down assembly line and documenting and resolving issues identified.
* Participate in DFMEA's & VFMEA's at the L3, L4 and L5 level.
* Participate in functional spec & QFD development for an NPI program.
* Create and/or populate technical spec documents from functional spec as required to cascade to L3 & L4 teams.
* Develop and own the top level Pro/E model containing all program content. Interface with platform and component engineering teams to update and keep the model current for developing the architecture of the product. Support the engine platform engineer on this for engine content, and own model of the package content.
* Coordinate the population of Technical Marketing Information (TMI) data by performance team prior to production. Obtain data such as sound, weight, and center of gravity.
* Utilize project planning services to keep NPI program plans accurate.
* Collaborate with other functional groups (Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, etc.) as necessary. Communicate with component and platform engineering teams to make sure that all requirements are understood and that the package is being designed such that it meets the requirements as defined in the functional spec.
* Coordinate virtual & on engine safety and serviceability audits to be completed and complete the appropriate follow-up activities that result.
* For package programs, coordinate and execute validation activities. Complete technical reviews as necessary with the supporting teams to communicate results. Understand how the engine & package will be applied/operated in the field to ensure a robust validation plan is in place.
* Track cost status of engine, package and attachments through collaboration with the component and platform engineering teams throughout NPI program to understand cost drivers and where opportunities are to reduce it.
* Collaborate with the Customer Service and A&I group to update O&M manuals, A&I guides, parts books, O&O costs, service manuals, etc.
* Provide support to the Customer Service group in completing customer installation audits.
* Maintain and update standard work documentation as lessons are learned and process improvements are identified
* Supporting the Oil & Gas New Product Introduction (NPI) teams by conducting O&O / TCO roll-ups and analysis prior to new programs being launched to establish appropriate requirements. This will include providing roll-ups for the competitive products as best we can with the information available.
* Being able to see the big picture of overall O&O / TCO of how CAT compares to competitors, recognizing where the opportunities for improvements are along with being able to conduct deep dives into the details of how all the calculations are being done and catching any errors that may be present in the numbers.
* Provide updates as needed to the O&O / TCO roll-ups throughout the NPI program.
* Conducting the appropriate level of data analysis and providing recommendations to the team.
* Taking initiative in creating powerpoint presentations, scheduling meetings, leading meetings and conduct report outs to the management team
* Close collaboration with other engineering groups, Oil & Gas Marketing, customers, dealers to ensure the correct inputs are being used.
* BS in MET, ME, EET, or EE, 3-5 years experience
* Pro/E Experience
* Good Communication Skills
* Good Teamwork Skills
* Good Attention to Detail
* High Initiative
DESIRED: * PACN & Price List Knowledge * Negative and Positive Build BOM Structure Experience * Teamcenter Engineering Experience * New Product Introduction (NPI) Experience * Engineering experience on diesel or gas power generation equipment
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (ie. Vlookup function, filters and pivot tables). Intermediate skills in Microsoft Access.
* Working knowledge of large engines/engine systems, components, parts, and releasing
* Familiarity with New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and O&O tools
* Familiarity with the various Oil and Gas market segments Gas and Diesel Engine Knowledge
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel * Mini-tab experience * Great Attention to Detail * High Initiative * Good Communication and Presentation Skills * Ability to work well in a team environment
Skills and Competencies: Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability. Team player and detail oriented. Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports. Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field. Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices. Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects. Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
Travel Requirement: None
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)