The Mechanical Engineer will provide insight and expertise for the design, specification, operation and reliability of the equipment in the plant process design. The Mechanical Engineer will have responsibility for several key Maintenance Department systems and processes including: Preventive Maintenance, Chempax ERP Systems (Work Order / Equipment), OSHA Process Safety Management (Mechanical Integrity, Procedures, Management of Change, Employee Training, etc.), Inspection Process, Work Order / PM Scheduling, Records Management, and Metrics Reporting.
- Responsible for the mechanical design & reliability of the processes at the chemical manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for mechanical design assessment and validation of recommended and specified fixed equipment for the facility, review of fixed equipment construction and installation procedures
- Recommend appropriate and required personnel and process safety procedures, risk control designs & operation programs.
- Review all specified material of construction of equipment for its required process service.
- Responsible to design, organize and execute successful equipment commissioning.
- Must successfully act and foster successful team outcomes (i.e ?be a team player).
- Responsible to design, develop and execute training programs for technicians, aligning minor and major maintenance procedures to ensure safe, correct installations, operation and repairs.
- Develop and submit routine activity and/or project reports as specified by the Project Manager
- Responsible for investigating equipment failures using root cause and otherinvestigating techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to meet aggressive project schedules and deadlines
- Strong investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Risk-Based Mechanical Design, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), corrosion prevention programs.
- Professionalism with excellent written and oral communication skills for interaction with all levels within the organization, along with external customers and vendors
- Ability to work across functions to resolve issues
Education and Qualifications:
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor?s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2 - 10 years working experience as an engineer in a chemical industry.
- Possesses 1-2 yrs experience working with chemicals or other hazardous material.
- Proven experience with designing and implementing PSM mechanical integrity programs, risk based inspection systems, along with predictive, preventative programs and Mechanical Integrity Risk Assessments (MIRA).
- Must be detail-oriented, highly motivated and team-oriented individual with strong analytical skills
- Great communication skills with ability to work across organizational lines