- Mechanical Engineer to help support our growing Kansas City Team and accurately and effectively complete Mechanical System project deliverables simultaneously for several projects across multiple Market Sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As Mechanical Engineer, responsibilities include all aspects of mechanical design including equipment selection and specification, system design, layout, calculations, field visits, and oversight & mentoring of junior design personnel.
- The candidate will design, engineer and/or manage projects which include HVAC systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement, and system upgrades.
- Load calculations, static pressure calculations, head loss calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation, and construction administration.
- Participation in due diligence, energy studies, and feasibility reports.
- Participate in meetings with design team and clients; therefore, must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position includes an opportunity for the candidate to grow into a leadership and/or supervisory role based on merit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- 5+ years significant project experience with an emphasis on projects in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Science & Technology, and/or Government markets.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in several of our mechanical focus areas: central chilled water & boiler plants, large air handling systems, data centers and critical facilities, energy modeling and cost benefit analysis, steam and hydronic distribution systems, building energy management systems, and ASHRAE standards and guidelines.