CHA Canada is a multi-discipline consulting engineering design firm dedicated to the thermal, power and energy industry that focuses on power generation, cogeneration and combined-cycle, renewable and sustainable energy, boilers and steam plants, chilled-water and hot-water production, and utility distribution systems. CHA Canada employs sound business practices, operating in a manner that encourages employees through a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our culture has inspired and supported our unique blend of staff into becoming well known for their broad experience and ability in engineering and design.
CHA Canada is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Thermal MechanicalTechnical Group in our St. Catharines, Ontario or Rochester, NY offices.
The position will primarily support projects in the Industry and Energy market. We are seeking candidates looking for challenging work and interested in advancing their career in the thermal power / cogeneration industry. We are seeking high energy, results-oriented, resourceful candidates for this position that allows for growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs engineering calculations such as heat balances, stress analysis, piping system flow distribution, thermodynamic design calcs, pump/pipe head loss calcs, etc. relating to thermal power systems.
- Works with equipment such as gas turbines, steam turbines, reciprocating engines, boilers, deaerators, pumps, etc.
- Writes equipment specifications, evaluation of vendor proposals, and writing projecttechnical reports.
- Prepares project cost estimates leading to the economic evaluation of feasible options.
- Prepares proposals as part of business development including scope of work and engineering fee.
- Develops and adjusts project approach and lead/direct all phases of detailed engineering design.
- Leads project teams of junior engineers and designers and provide quality reviews of their work.
- Works closely with other disciplines (electrical, structural, etc.) to coordinate overall project design.
- Travel is occasionally required for project work to conduct field work such as measurements, determine system tie-point locations, construction review, etc.
- Represents CHA at client meetings such as pre-bid, kick-off, data collection, design review, construction/commissioning review.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree required.
- P Eng. required for candidates interested in St. Catharines; PE required for candidates interested in Rochester.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years minimum of Mechanical Engineering experience focused on thermal mechanical systems required.
- Experience with project budgeting required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills are required for ProjectEngineer/Management opportunities.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel & MS Office required.
- Experience with Thermoflow suite of programs and Caesar a plus.
- Experience with power plants, cogeneration plants, and power plant systems highlypreferred.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.