Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer IV - Aerial Refueling Equipment that will analyze and design mechanical aerospace products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Conducts analyses and designs mechanical aerospace products; includes performing static and kinematic calculations for sizing and function of mechanical components and assemblies, generating and interpreting mechanical drawings and schematics, and optimizing component performance.
- Supports multi-discipline team(s) as a technical lead to design, integrate, and qualify new and improve existing products and components.
- Leads and performs root cause failure analysis; recommends, implements and validates corrective actions.
- Leads Research & Development (R&D) projects supporting the next generation of aerial refueling equipment and platforms.
- Demonstrated leader that works with others to meet technical, cost, schedule, and other program requirements.
- Ensures all customer product requirements are met and verified.
- Travels to customer or supplier sites as required for component development and qualification.
- Tracks, manages, and mitigates mechanical systems engineeringrisks.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Supports program proposals by writing technical volumes, generating work breakdown structures, and writing bid bases of estimate.
- Supervises and directs activities of Jr. Engineers and Technicians.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET certified program.
- Minimum of 8years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience with the development and specification of mechanical components and assemblies for aerospace applications.
- Experience in reviewing and proposing designs for adherence to standards, e.g. ASME and SAE, specifications and requirements.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience with design to industry and military standards such as MIL-STD-810, and/or DO-160.
- Experience with certifying designs per FAA 14 CFR Part 25 and/or MIL-HDBK-516 Air Worthiness requirements.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5M – Knowledgeable in the application and interpretation of Y14.5M.
- Experience with DOORs requirements management tools.
- Experience with electrical, electro-mechanical, or hydraulic systems and installations.
- Experience with the interpretation of hydraulic schematics.
- Experience with one or more of the following: CATIA, ANSYS, Flowmaster, Easy5, MARC, Patran/Nastran, Adams and/or Matlab.
- Experience with aircraft structures design.
- Experience in executing formal component and system verification
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.