$80K — $100K *
Associated Engineering’s Energy Practice is well known for its wide range of exciting renewable and low-carbon energy projects, including district energy, geoexchange, geothermal, biomass, waste heat recovery, CHP, and efficiency improvements. We serve a wide range of client sectors across Western Canada. Our projects have been some of the largest and most complex climate-change mitigation focused solutions around! Our Energy practice is growing, and we’re looking for skilled and motivated mechanical design-focused individuals to join our team!
Reporting to the Energy and Mechanical Group Manager, the successful candidate’s duties will include participating in studies and designs of renewable energy mechanical systems, HVAC systems, energy efficiency upgrades, and energy plans, for both new build and retrofits.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Business development, client networking, opportunity development, proposal writing
• Project management of small to large multi-discipline projects
• Energy consumption / forecast calculations
• As Engineer of Record, lead studies and assessments of: energy efficiency, renewable energy, district energy systems, low-carbon energy systems, community energy plans
• As Engineer of Record, lead the design, construction services, and operational support of: mechanical HVAC systems, process heating systems, renewable energy systems, district energy systems
• Assist and mentor intermediate and junior engineers in studies and design
• Prepare drawings using AutoCAD and Revit (and working with dedicated drafting staff as appropriate)
• Help prepare and author studies, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents
• Field review of projects in construction.
• An undergraduate degree in mechanical or integrated engineering from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
• 8+ years experience in relevant mechanical engineering positions.
• Experience delivering feasibility studies and detailed designs of renewable and high performance energy technologies including: geoexchange, biomass, waste heat recovery, CHP and district heating/cooling plants.
• Registered or eligible for registration as P.Eng. with EGBC.
• Demonstrate strong ability to work independently and as part of or leading a team.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients.
• Possess sound communications skills in a team environment.
• Committed team player and self-motivated.
• Experience delivering detailed designs and audits of modern HVAC systems and process heating systems including: commercial hydronic heating and cooling systems, heat pumps, high efficiency boilers, heat exchangers, and wastewater heating systems would be an asset.
• Experience with instrumentation and controls would be advantageous.
• Thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, hydraulic modelling tools, and thermal stress modelling tools are an asset.
• Classroom or other training specifically related to district energy, geoexchange, CHP and biomass are an asset.
• Experience with specification writing and reviews.
• On-site and hands-on experience would be an asset.
• The capability, profile, and enthusiasm to bring in clients and projects.
Valid through: 12/5/2021