· Leads projects, and tasking in support of the mission.
· Designs and/or develops new products, special instruments, and unique equipment to meet specific requirements of customer orders.
· Develops and assesses production or inspection operations and sequences, equipment, tooling gages, or acceptance equipment and processing methods required to manufacture or inspect complex components and assemblies.
· Translates design agency concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations.
· Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
· Compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
· Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering and production problems and to assure product manufacturability.
· Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends.
· Refines product definitions, based on knowledge of manufacturing capability, to assure that released designs can be produced.
· Determines acceptability of products and materials in conjunction with design agency, quality, and other affected organizations.
· Interacts with design agencies and suppliers to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
· Prepares evaluationreports, analyzes discrepancies, makes recommendations for and initiates the most cost effective improvements for product, test equipment, procedures, and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime. Provides project leadership and technical guidance on complex engineering projects.
YOU MUST HAVE:
• US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance. • BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution. • Minimum of 5 years of directly-applicable experience in the design and implementation of process automation applications• Work experience on programmable logic controllers, design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions on highly complex engineering projects, regularly offering innovative solutions to significant technical problems. • Experience in engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge, and hands-on troubleshooting and repair experience of equipment
WE VALUE:• Industrial Machine Control – continuous feedback and discrete • PLC Ladder Logic, State Logic Design• Automation Direct, Allen Bradley • Familiarity with OPC configuration and usage• Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Vacuum Design/Troubleshooting• Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics Experience• Sensor selection and setup • Control System panel and cabinet design to NFPA, UL, FM codes and standards• Industrial Networking Protocols• Industrial Machine Control – continuous feedback and discrete • PLC Ladder Logic, State Logic Design• Automation Direct, Allen Bradley • Familiarity with OPC configuration and usage• Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Vacuum Design/Troubleshooting• Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics Experience• Sensor selection and setup • Control System panel and cabinet design to NFPA, UL, FM codes and standards• Industrial Networking Protocols• Relational Database (Oracle) – Queries, Table Creation,•AutoCad, SolidWorks, Creo 2 Parametric• Visual C/C++, Visual Basic, Java, Other 4Glanguages• Formal Software Design Education• Labview / Labview Actor Framework• Windows System / Network Administration• Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification.• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal• Significantexperience in a manufacturing or design environment• Existing DOE Q clearance. Must be a US Citizen due tocontractual requirements. ExemptCAD based modelingDesign engineeringCustomer acceptanceEngineering analysis