Are you detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled at Engineering design and development? Come to Crane Aerospace & Electronics and use your excellent Engineering skills to design, improve, and deliver the next generation of products in the aerospace and electronics Industry!
We have a unique and exciting career opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer III located at our site in Elyria, Ohio.
The Mechanical Engineer uses established procedures to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing the mechanical aspects of products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace. The Mechanical Engineer III works on new product designs, modernization, and upgrades, as well as performs extensive analyses to ensure cost, quality, and customer requirements. The Mechanical Engineer III also uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform daily assignments, applying principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
- Estimate and maintain effective control of project schedule and budget in relation to product development
- Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets
- Provide instruction, guidance, oversight and/or support to other personnel and/or disciplines supporting program objectives through utilization of engineering orders, test procedures, purchase requisitions, correspondence and other effective means
- Provide proposal support through requirements definition
- Generate models and conduct analyses that are in compliance with customer requirements and appropriate agencies
- Perform design experiments and evaluate test results to validate analysis
- Build quality and manufacturability into the design
- Transition product to production
- Generate and review documentation related to product development and prepare technical reports and documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements, including proposals, procedures, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Experience: 5-8years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge: Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles, including mechanics of materials, shock, vibration, heat transfer, and dimensional tolerance analysis; Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field; Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of assigned product or program
- Skills/Abilities: Proficiency with mechanical3D modeling software such as Creo, and familiarity with numerical analysis software; Self-directed/motivated and able to work and communicate well within a team that consists of Engineering, Manufacturing, and other disciplines; Ability to effectively communicate in presentations, analyses, and reports; Demonstrated ability to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Education: BA or BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Eligibility Requirement: Applicants selected could be subject to a Government securityinvestigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.