Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will assist in the design, layout and testing of Gas Furnace Product and its components. you may also assign work to the technical drafting staff and heating floor technicians.
You will also be trusted to:
- Assist/Lead the Residential Gas Furnace product development activities following CSA/ANSI Z21.47 standards as well as DOE standards.
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and requirements, documentation of internal LII best practices as well as adherence to product safety standards published by CSA.
- Assist/Lead in the application of engineering principle knowledge to conduct routine analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes related to Gas Furnace Product.
- Assist in conducting engineering studies for innovation & patent opportunities, root/cause analysis, and potential cost out opportunities.
- Lead Engineering Change Notices (ECN) through the proper channels to modify and improve current products in production
- Assist in Reliability testing of Gas Furnace products including creating test programs as well as work with data acquisition systems
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years of work experience in HVAC industry especially in Gas heating products.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and CAD models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in heat transfer and combustion process
- Knowledge in ANSI Z21.47 Standard for Gas-Fired central furnaces
- Knowledge in DOE efficiency standards for Gas Furnace Products