As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform the design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of ground facilities to test components, rocket engines, and launch space vehicles. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.Responsibilities:
- Design piping systems for high pressure gas and cryogenic fluid systems
- Design and analyze steel and concrete structures for rocket engine test stands and space vehicle launch facilities
- Create 3D models and engineering drawings for fabrication of designs
- Manage suppliers and coordinate costs, schedule and technical design requirements
- Oversee fabrication, installation and commissioning of new or modified systems
- Mentor less experienced engineers and perform peer reviews
- Up to 25% travel at times
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- 4 year engineering degree
- Experience performing the design and analysis of piping and tubing systems; and using analysis tools such as Bentley AutoPipe and CAESAR
- Knowledge of fluid system components (i.e. valves, regulators and pumps for cryogenics, propellants and other fluids)
- Knowledge of standard installation and fabrication methods of piping systems (pipe stock, fittings, connections, fasteners, welding, etc.)
- Knowledge of ASME BPVC and B31.3 codes
- Experience with ProEngineer/Creo, Windchill and ProPiping
- Experience creating fabrication and installation drawings with ProEngineer/Creo
- 5+ years of experience with piping facility design
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
- Advanced Engineering degree
- Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Plant/P&ID
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Knowledge of precision cleaning and passivation processes for stainless steel
- Knowledge of AISC and ACI Codes for structural steel and concrete
- Experience operating test facilities
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer . In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.