Wausau Equipment Company in New Berlin, WI is seeking a highly experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Team!
The Engineer III will lead and oversee multiple engineering projects with high accountability to commitments while maintaining strong attention to safety, design quality, cost and schedule.
- Lead product development team in developing new products per Wausau Equipment product roadmap utilizing the latest materials, processes, and technology.
- Gather/develop detailed and complete specifications for new products.
- Collaborate with marketing to lead/participate in VOC meetings with customers.
- Perform product testing to ensure that products meet specifications and design intent.
- Champion and ensure compliance of Wausau engineering processes and ISO requirements, improves and create new processes if required.
- Work with operations and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and schedule.
- Team up with service to resolve prioritized product issues in a timely manner.
- Travel to customer's site when necessary to perform on site diagnostics.
- Support marketing at tradeshows, conferences, product introduction, and product training.
- Embrace the engineering department vision, strategy, and plan.
- Support the engineering sustaining team vision to drastically reduce product issues, warranty liabilities, and shop rework.
- Produce innovative designs with a high degree of cost-efficient manufacturability.
- Adopt a continuous improvement attitude in regards to processes to attain and sustain a center of design excellence.
- Ability to travel up to 15%; mainly domestic with occasional international.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Strong knowledge in product design methodologies; from common product platform, CAD product architecture, system level designs, DFM/DFA, DFMEA, risk mitigations, COGS to product safety.
- Strong experience and troubleshooting skills of hydraulic systems and Fluid Power systems
- Solid understanding of stress analysis (classical methods and FEA), bolted joints, welded structures, and fatigue analysis.
- Very high degree of accountability to commitments and the business objectives.
- Strong business acumen -- understand how we make money and critical factors to effective strategy execution.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally with all levels of employees and outside representatives. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Solidworks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other software/applications.
- Must be able to anticipate issues by understanding and mitigating risks.
- Solid decision making skills.
- Must be able to prioritize team's success over personal gain.
- Must be able to explain complex technical topics to all levels of audience.
- Ability to set expectations and understand his/her audience.
- Must perform under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with acceptable quality.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and designers/drafters.
- Familiarity with ERP and MRP system.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related emphasis required. Five to eight (5 to 8) years engineering experience in a manufacturing or industrial work environment; with specific experience in heavy equipment, engine powertrain, and engine driveline components with a proven track record for executing successful engineering projects. Experience in snow removal, construction or agricultural equipment industries a plus.