The individual will be responsible for the performance of professional work in research, design, development, testing, analysis, production, construction, maintenance, and/or operation of major cardiovascular development programs at Life Fitness. All development phases (working with industrial design on preliminary design, identifying manufacturing methods for metal and plastic fabrication, analytical testing and prototype performance evaluation, engineering documentation, and life cycle maintenance) are part of the Mechanical Engineer II responsibility.
- As a fully competent engineer, independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a number of variables.
- Interfaces with vendors and other outside sources as necessary.
- Independently performs assignments, within scope of defined program, with instructions as to general results expected.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment using SolidWorks.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures pertaining to the mechanical engineering discipline.
- Machine Design experience with weldments, bearings, sheet metal fabrication and other metal parts
- Component Design experience with molded plastics with a high level aesthetic requirements
- Capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment
- A certain degree of creativity, latitude, and independence is required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in industry trade shows, educational seminars and vendor training as required.
- Maintain knowledge base of industry news, technology and benchmarks.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Ten (10)+ years experience in related field. Through knowledge of theory, principle and procedures.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred.