Responsible for supporting the development, specification, design, and testing of machinery and equipment related Belvac Engineered Machinery. This includes mechanical concept development, detailed design and analysis, engineering drawing creation and checking, BOM development and issuance, ECO initiation and completion, and Value Engineering for all new and existing Belvac products. Assist Assembly, Service, and Sales in technical discussions on same product.
- As a BPM Inc. employee maintain an effective working knowledge and awareness Belvac’s current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job assignments.
- Evaluate customer specifications and comply with machinery output
- Mechanical design of mechanical components and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor 2015 or later.
- Development of 2D general arrangement drawing of machine and peripheral equipment layout specific to customer and project requirements using Autodesk AutoCad software.
- Evaluation and selection of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components including gears, bearings, actuators, cylinders, valves, sensors, etc.
- Value Engineering of designs to achieve cost targets while maintaining/improving function.
- Creation of Bills of Materials
- Initiation and completion of Engineering Change Orders as necessary to address issues with mechanical designs and/or drawings.
- Support Purchasing and Production Control by addressing inquiries related to mechanical design related items.
- Support the build and commissioning of new machinery by addressing inquiries from Fabrication/Assembly related to mechanical design related items.
- Assist in the continuous process improvement of Belvac’s product line.
- Work on special projects assigned by the Department Manager
BSME or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of proven experience in a comparable role
- Working knowledge of materials, and finishes
- Familiar with shop fabrication methods and techniques
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
- Working knowledge of industry design drafting standards such as ANSI Y14.5 (1994 or later)
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling software - preferably Autodesk Inventor 2015(or later) or equivalent (e.g. SolidWorks, SolidEdge, ProE)
- Good technical communication (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of CE (European Safety Standards) are a plus
- Working knowledge of heat treating
- Working knowledge of tolerances and stack-up analysis
- Some experience in the use of Quality and Engineering Tools like FMEA, Root Cause Analysis and Statistical Process Control, among others
- Ability to develop effective and concise presentations using MS PowerPoint
- Able to conduct Finite Element Analysis on mechanical designs
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Five year of industrial experience in the design of High Speed Rotating Machinery or related field