Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Working in Downhole Tool components (O&G) development projects under general supervision assist in analysis, modification and design of products and services for assigned projects which requires working knowledge of materials, components and their applications.
- Responsible for independent design, modification & analysis of various products in Oil and Gas Completion tools such as subsurface safety Valves, Flow control valves, Packers, Sand control, Screen, Tubing hanger etc.
- Develops test procedures, conduct tests and completes test result analysis for assigned projects.
- Assists in planning and conducting tests on materials, components, subassemblies, and tools. Acquires working knowledge of test procedures and techniques with new Standards.
- Create / Modify / update the design as needed and process the engineering change request within defined time limits.
- Produce Manufacturing drawing which includes complex machining and assembly of down hole tools and Perform drawing checks and sign off on work.
- Oversee Product testing, hold design and test reviews and write reports.
- PDM Data Management (CWI), Auto program and coordination with global teams.
- O&G, down hole tools design experience, previous working experience with Halliburton is highly preferred.
- Degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing engineering with 3-5years of relevant experience
- Min 2-3years of hands on experience with Solid Works or similar 3D package
- MUST have testing experience?Hydraulics, systems engineering
- Experience on Mathcad, Ansys will be added advantage.
- General well construction and well completion design knowledge
- Proficiency with standard MS Office applications required
- Ability to work with Global teams in various time zones.
- Manufacturing Drawings
- Design and Development with 3D package of Solid Works
- Ex - Halliburton Experince is good to have .