We are looking for Mechanical Engineer for our client in Hesston, KS
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Hesston, KS
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min 5 year of exp
- Subject Matter Expert - DFMA
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing processing of Off-highway or Automotive vehicles.
- Total experience of 6 to 8years, out of which 3 to 5 years having practical experience in applying "Design for Excellence" concepts:
- Design for Manufacturing
- Design for Assembly
- Design for Cost
- Design for Service
- Good knowledge of NPI process
- Experience in digital manufacturing
- Experience in Lean Implementation / Value Stream Mapping is desirable
- Team Center Manufacturing etc.
- Experience - 6 to 8years of experience, out of which at-least 4 to 5 years working on DFMA.
- Good understanding of Off-highway or automotive discreet manufacturing
- Experience in implementing DFSS, selection of right technology for manufacturing;
- Experience in conducting simulation studies and suggesting design changes in product / part
- Experience in going through complete project life cycle for at-least couple of NPI programs - designing processes, manufacturing layout, lean studies including line balancing; value stream mapping of manufacturing process, eliminating low value add parts & activities; cost reduction etc.
- Proficiency in digital simulation such as tools Delmia etc.
- Initial Manufacturing feasibility study for various manufacturing options and providing DFM / DFA Feedbacks to the design / project team, with reference to shop constraints / technological selections
- Estimate budget requirements and timeline for the project
- Simultaneous Engineering Study, with Virtual build study, simulation.
- Preparation of requisite process documents (Layout, PFD, PFMEA, CP), Logistics planning, etc.
- Process validation & verification for process improvement projects.
- Ensuring compliance & periodic review of QMS / OHSHAS documentation etc.
- Graduation or Diploma in Industrial Design / Production Engineering