Radiant Power is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
This role is responsible for the mechanical engineering, design and product configuration management of electro-mechanical devices, power systems, electro-acoustical devices, dispaly units and other human interface devices for military and aerospace applications.
We offer medical and dental coverage, company paid vision, life insurance, short term disability and long term disability and a 401k with company match. We also offer a generous annual bonus.
Schedule is Monday - Thursday, 7:00am - 5:30pm
- Design, develop, document and release to production mechanical enclosures for military and aerospace electronics.
- Use customer specifications and internal "best practices" to design and analyze mechanical packaging using SolidWorks 3D Modeling Tools
- Collaborate with Electrical and PCB Layout Engineers during development activities to maximize packaging efficiencies
- Support validation testing of product during dynamic environmental tests
- Maintain product documentation from initial release through on-going production using internal Engineering Change Order processes
- Support the Manufacturing team when problem resolution and documentation updates are required
- Report schedule and technical status on a regular basis and participate in program reviews internally and with the customers; be able to manage multiple projects
- Effective use of development tools, test and integration equipment during development process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum educational requirement: BSME or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience responsible for design, analysis, and development of mechanical enclosures of production products (military and/or aerospace electronics preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant design experience using SolidWorks 3D Modeling Tool. Finite Element Analysis and/or Thermal Analysis experience preferred.
- Familiarity with FARs and equipment certifications desired: i.e. DO-160, MIL STD-461, MIL STD-810
- Must be well organized and be able to develop vendor and internal customer relationships
- Use of MS Office, Project, Power Point; SolidWorks / AutoCAD CAD tools, Altium/ORCAD Capture
- Product development in commercial or aerospace and design-to-cost environment
- Read/Write Fluently in English
- Travel, up to 10%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to walk up and down stairs.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regular use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.