Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 244 days ago
Harris Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Seattle, Washington. This is an opportunity for a mid-level Mechanical Engineer, with the ability to be self-motivated to see a project through from the developmental stage through detailed design and construction support, to perform assignments on a broad range of projects
Our mechanical and industrial projects include piping systems, including piping stress analysis; facilities utilities design with unique industry requirements; steam, hot water and chilled water heating and cooling systems; heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems; and plumbing systems. Familiarity with process system design and equipment including pumps, fans, heat exchangers, cooling towers, boilers, chillers, conveyors and air handlers is also important.
This Mechanical Engineer primarily works with project staff within aerospace and industrial facilities, as well as air and sea ports, but may also work on projects within process industries, life sciences, energy, commercial development, and other business sectors.
This role will share their expertise and knowledge mentoring less experienced engineering and design staff. This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but offers the opportunity for growth in that direction.
Essential Job Functions
• Define, organize, execute and coordinate mechanical engineering assignments.
• Plan, organize, and oversee the work of engineers, designers and administrative staff supporting those assignments.
• Serve as technical resource on complex design issues and advanced engineering theories, concepts, principles, and processes.
• Represent Harris Group at meetings with clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
• Perform mechanical design, working with other members of the mechanical staff, and coordinate with other disciplines on specific projects.
• Prepare design calculations and documentation that support the project design basis.
• Prepare mechanical drawings, through the use of designers or drafters, and develop specifications.
• Field information gathering and surveying.
• Provide clients with assistance during construction, installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and systems.
• Research, design and specify equipment, controls and processes.
• Shop drawing review.
• Coordination of design with vendor supplied equipment
• Oversight of development of equipment layouts and general arrangements.
• Prepare layout of systems.
• Preparation of construction bid packages and construction specifications.
• Assist in preparation and presentation of proposals, including scope of services and fee estimate. Support sectors with business development activities and proposal input.
• Coordinate the design process with the project schedule to ensure timely delivery of the design documents.
• Seal engineering documents in accordance with the State statutory requirements for the project site.
• Coaching and mentoring of junior staff.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and/or accept client site assignments when required.
• Ability to pass Client badging and screening processes
Knowledge & Skills
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated competence in mechanical engineering.
• Ability to apply mechanical engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects.
• Ability to identify, interpret and apply relevant codes and standards to engineering designs.
• Leadership skills with the ability to work directly with existing and prospective clients, vendors, and constructors.
• Ability to use a computer and computer software programs related to the discipline, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience with AutoCAD, CADWorx, or Revit, a plus.
• Knowledge of Caesar (preferred) or Autopipe pipe stress software, desired.
• Experience with Trane TRACE 700 preferred.
• Knowledge of PIPE-FLO preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to meet budgets and deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Educational & Work Experience
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), or ability to take exam within one year.