Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Dynamics
Our client, a well-established instrumentation manufacturer for the medical device market segment, has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer with demonstrated expertise in the design of precision products for the scientific instrument industry. This position will be responsible for the mechanical design of fluid handling products with moderate complexities utilizing SolidWorks solid modeling software including product concept and layout, specifications, design, and material and fabrication process selection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the project and engineering efforts for various line extensions of the company’s new products.
- Manage projects on a day-to-day basis and work closely with cross functional teams and suppliers to drive projects to completion.
- Conceive the mechanical design of fluid handling products with moderate complexities utilizing SolidWorks solid modeling software. Includes product concept and layout, specifications, design, and material and fabrication process selection.
- Develop and apply advanced Mechanical Engineering theories, methods, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of technical problems.
- Create complete verification plans of fluid handling products.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and design approaches that meet or exceed product requirements within cost targets.
- BMSE (or MSME desired but not required).
- General Mechanical Engineering expertise in all aspects of new commercial product development. Fluid dynamics expertise is a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years general Mechanical Engineeringinvestigation, research, and problem solving expertise in all aspects of new commercial product development.
- Minimum of 1+ years of applicable engineeringexperience in new product design and development.
- Minimum of 1+ years managing projects within a multi-discipline team.
- 3D CAD experiencerequired: SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience leading small teams and developing/managing project schedules
- Experience leading projects and use of project management software
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers, and outside suppliers.
- Experience conducting Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM, six sigma, Poka-yoke) strongly preferred.
- Experience to include machined metal and injection molded plastic components.
- Familiarity with engineered materials such as plastics for molding and machining.
- Knowledge of low to medium volume manufacturing processes including metal fabrication and plastic injection molding.
- Experience creating verification plans and reports (DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques.
- Familiarity with product safety compliance test standards.
Thank you for your interest!