Position responsibilities include:
Mechanical Engineer responsible for developing capabilities for FEA simulation analysis for a cold forming process called flowforming. Engineering support and analysis for NPI programs as well as legacy jobs produced by flowforming. Simulation calculations and correlations from established empirical data. Focus on continuous improvement initiatives in a fast paced environment.
- Develop FEA simulation analysis for innovative cold forming process called flowforming.
- Establish a library of forming parameters for various alloy types and correlating material reductions, i.e.... speeds, feeds, heat dissipation, friction.
- Research Gleeble test parameters based for various materials.
- Provide risk analysis based on forming parameters and reduction approach.
- Simulate and optimize material process flow through production to improve on time delivery.
- Lead various DOE initiatives to improve processing parameters and risk.
- Recommendations on capital improvements; i.e.... process monitoring enhancements, controls & procedures.
- Analyze tooling forces and optimize design; material, weight, and performance.
- Design and improve tooling handling and storage.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit package.
This company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Bachelordegree in mechanical engineering or related with a strong background in mathematics
- Minimum 1 yearexperience in FEA. Will consider 0 years provided involvement in school projects and/or internships with proven results
- Must have an interest in metal working; especially forming, heat treat and machining
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires US citizenship
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience is desirable
- Lean training and Six Sigma experience is highly desirable
- Solidworks or equivalent CAD experience
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Knowledge of different types of metals
- Basic understanding of metallurgy; thermal processing of materials
- Proficient in basic engineering fundamentals
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to solve challenging problems with creative solutions
- Performs with minimal supervision as a team player, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $55,800 to $89,100
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never