DLR Group is looking for a motivated Mechanical Engineer to work with national and regional engineering leadership and well as local architectural leadership to begin a mechanical engineering practice in Charlotte.
As a Mechanical Engineer at DLR Group you will be responsible for the design of mechanical systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of building types. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You would be responsible for participating in the design process of mechanical building systems and preparing detailed and mechanical engineering design calculations and drawings to code.
The successful candidate will
- Interface with clients to discuss mechanical systems options for their projects.
- Participate in project interviews.
- Hire mechanical engineering staff.
- Train and mentor mechanical engineering staff.
- Manage staff assignments for the mechanical engineering staff.
- Develop HVAC and plumbing designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and mechanical system layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Produce construction documents (drawings and specifications for new construction and renovation building projects for a variety of building types.
- Coordinate HVAC and plumbing design requirements with architecture, structure and other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- 5 years or more of experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC building systems on complex projects.
- Professional Engineering license (PE).
- Experience with Trane Trace, IES, or other load calculation software.
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and how architects work and think.
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit.
- Experience designing mechanical systems for Healthcare projects.