Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration and IT consulting firm, capable of delivering complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance and other technology services for the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by 1,400-plus engineering and technical specialists, operating from more than 40 global offices in the United States and India. An autonomous part of Barry-Wehmiller, Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural andconstruction-managementservices through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions Inc. We are focused on giving our professionals opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique people-centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional
As a Mechanical Engineer you will work with engineering teams of Architects, Structural and ME/EE-Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design mechanical systems including water, chilled water, HVAC, wastewater, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial and commercial facilities.
- Mechanical Engineer on multi-discipline project teams.
- Design facility mechanical systems including water, chilled water, wastewater, HVAC, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications.
- Knowledge/experience in refrigeration system design is a plus.
- Completion of engineering calculations and oversight of mechanical design using AutoCAD MEP. Revit experience or oversight is a plus.
- Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing, hydronic piping system design and selection of mechanical equipment.
- Develop specifications, interface with on-site project teams.
- Inspect installations.
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical facilities design engineering experience demonstrating an ability to complete mechanical system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Able to perform as a Mechanical Engineer and execute mechanical design on multi-discipline projects
- Experience in the design of advanced technologies(semi-conductor) or Life sciences, facility/building mechanical systems including HVAC (inclusive of air handling units, chemical and laminar fume hoods, unit heaters/coolers, etc.), water, chilled water, wastewater, cold/warm rooms, clean rooms, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam/condensate systems, hot water and hydronic systems, compressed gases (air, O2, N2, CO2, etc.), waste/drain and other plumbing systems.
- Ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Revit experience is a plus.
- BS degree Mechanical Engineering from an ABET school preferred
- PE or EIT License is preferre