This position requires an individual with a mechanical engineering background willing to work in a team environment to develop new industrial products. Important attributes include the ability to apply creative solutions to challenging mechanical problems along with designing and building benchtop size prototype hardware with the ability to scale to larger fieldable sizes. In addition to supporting product development, this position also includes work related to more fundamental research efforts where creative thinking is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering. Experience in industrial instrumentation design a plus.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Solidworks a must
- Must possess solid computer and office software skills
- Knowledge of materials and their properties
- FEA modeling a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes
- Industrial Systems Engineering a plus
- Fluid Dynamics experience a plus
- Strong mechanical engineering background in the design of industrial sensors and instrumentations
- Strong skills in conceptual design, product qualification, prototype testing and design for test and manufacturing methodology
- Engineering support for commercial releases
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods
- Transition products from concept to production
- Must be self-motivated and interface well with others