Summary/General Description Of Job:
The role of the Mechanical Engineer in the NAVAIR Installation Team is to provide day-to-day program support to the Shipboard Installation Program Manager. The position requires an experienced Shipboard Installation Engineer to support the project. This position will work out of the Chesapeake, VA office.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- The candidate will be working closely with the Installation Team and the NAVAIR Shipboard Installation Engineers on a daily basis developing/maintaining various Shipboard Systems and their corresponding Ship Installation Drawing packages.
- The candidate will be working closely with the NAVAIR Shipboard Installation Engineers and his/her managers on a daily basis developing/integration/maintaining various NAVAIR Shipboard Systems.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience with Shipboard Installations on board U.S Navy vessels.
- Be willing to travel 10 – 25% CONUS and OCONUS
- Obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level.