Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience local / communtable to our York, PA plant.
The Mechanical Engineer position is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The role will identify and implement improvement activities that result in sustained product and operational cost reductions in a high speed/high volume manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze equipment downtime data and develop & manage a process that will drive OEM uptime and lower costs
- Utilize the Downtime tracking system (Shoplogix) to cut out main downtime issues for the critical assets in the factory and lead a team to reduce the chief downtime issues
- Develop and lead the reliability process
- Leverage network and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) subject matter experts to develop reliability efforts through enhanced communication and best practice sharing
- Through analytical tools, work with Operations to identify equipment end of life (EOL) opportunities, required equipment and process upgrades and develop & manage long-term capital investment plans
- Assist maintenance & operations personnel by troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems as necessary
- Own and regularly respond with subject matter expertise to maintenance/equipment related questions, own access to and distribution of OEM technical bulletin updates, and facilitate strong communication with OEM vendors
- Provides input into capital budget to drive improved reliability
- Give recommendations for spare parts of equipment
- Support maintenance personnel during equipment overhauls and unscheduled outages
- Performing Root Cause Analysis of systems and subsystems within a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline; preferably Mechanical
- 5-7 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of CMMS systems and automated downtime tracking systems
- Knowledge of proper equipment design and proper operation
- Working knowledge of high-volume manufacturing and of Stamping, Welding, Forming, Automation
- Understand and/or perform SPC, FMEA, CA (Criticality Analysis), Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Project Management experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP & Data Analysis (such as Minitab) experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills – work with multiple departments to solve problems
- OSHA Certified