To continue serving our customers, Vante is seeking a Mechanical Engineer within the Product Engineering Team, to bring a self-starting and dynamic mindset, supporting the current product portfolio and new product development, in a fast-moving multi-disciplinary environment.
- Identify and implement value engineering activities to improve existing products for assembly and manufacturing.
- Provide technical leadership in resolving electromechanical issues
- Provide tactical engineering support to contract manufacturers
- Create conceptual designs in SolidWorks
- Support established change management process
- Create and documentation for manufacturing, validation and regulatory needs
- Support and lead efforts for compliance with all standards and requirements
- Track and evaluate emerging technologies
- Supports sales in pursuing new business through prototyping concepts and customer visits
- Identifies design work and creates design specifications for a variety of complex product components to obtain operational, cost, quality, and/or manufacturing feasibility improvements.
- Incorporates best practices and lessons learned into product designs and communicates lessons learned for the benefit of other programs.
- Support and lead new product development projects
- Expected 20% travel or less
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2+ years' demonstrated experience in product design and manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Understanding of material properties and how they can be impacted by supplier processes
- Demonstrated capability of coordinating across multiple functions to resolve issues
- Working knowledge of mechanical testing and inspection procedures
- Demonstrated communication skills and task management to support cross functional teams
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/EXPERIENCE ARE A PLUS
- Capable to support production in electrical and software needs
- Experience in sheet metal, metal stampings, die castings, aluminum castings, machining
- Experience in plastic injection molding processes and mold design
- Experience in component and assembly design
- GD&T and Tolerance Stack analysis
- Familiarity with ISO, FDA, and Medical Devices
- Familiarity with DFM/DFA concepts
- 5+ years demonstrated experience